At Traffic Safe NZ, we offer genuine learning opportunities with professional development and career progression. The best benefit is that you will lead a collaborative, engaged and passionate team.
- Excellent weekly pay
- Great Corporate / Wellbeing benefits
- Great hours offered
The What and Who
Traffic Safe NZ is a leading New Zealand-owned temporary traffic management company throughout the North Island. We enjoy a high-performing environment with a family-based culture to ensure the highest level of safety for our employees, customers and the community.
We care about each other and put the safety, wellbeing, and development of our people first.
Our operation teams work in a high-performing environment and with high business demands and we have an opportunity for a qualified / experienced STMS to join our team.
The STMS is a NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) qualified person with a specific responsibility for documentation and management of temporary traffic management (TTM).
The STMS will actively be responsible in helping the Operations Manager build an elite team by scoping the casual labour pool for prospective talent and setting high on-site performance expectations & ensure that jobs allocated and performed in a correct, efficient manner and to the company expected standards.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve in-field performance within the TSNZ field crews and systems.
- Ensure that TSNZ equipment and vehicles are maintained and presented to the highest standard and used appropriately.
- Any matter affecting H&S is brought to the attention of your Operations Manager immediately.
- Maintain and improve relationships with key stakeholders in TSNZ’ business, including clients, staff and public.
- Ensure all TTM vehicles and equipment are maintained, kept safe from theft or damage, and kept compliant, clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all TTM paperwork/record keeping is maintained and delivered in a clear, accurate and timely manner. Reporting / Organisational Structure
- Responsible for in-field direction of all Traffic Controller’s operating under your supervision.
- Industry-relevant Traffic Management experience & experience.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and creativity to all situations
- A serious approach to Health and Safety Management - for yourself, your crew, and road users
- An ethical, forward-thinking leader who leads by serving those in their care.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, remaining calm under pressure and always presenting a professional front.
Open to those legally entitled to work in NZ, and successful candidates must complete pre-employment drug screening and criminal history checks.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click apply now!